Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Your Name

a work in progress...

Your Name

It comes to me with a soft
shock of pleasure, finding
your name in print or
in speech.

Surely your name does not
embody you. You cannot
be spelled out in a
few letters.


Yet, there are times,
interrupted in thought,
your name tumbles out of
my mouth

like a flower held
between my fingers
that drops softly to
the floor


Later on, of course
there will be other names -
sweeter, more intimate and
unshared.

But until then, this name,
with its worn unfamiliar
petals, this name of yours,
will do

1 Comments:

Blogger Beentherella said...

Ooh Ooh! The ghordopin' beginses again. Although i highly disapprove of your topic. I too have just non-enjoyed my Eid vacation, filled with family brawls.
So thats my topic

Foodtrite: the ever-disenchanting ritual of being the only one who actually 'wants' to eat, during a food fight

Ka-fuckin-buddi:I dont know if you've heard of this one, but its a mud fight brawl and is an actual sport. The 'fuckin' makes it a family fight.

Bitchlogs: The effervescent mental journals one keeps to 'keep score' of the scores that must be settled.

Winstalk: the non-walk strut, that the he/she left standing can exit with. talk is cheap.

5:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home