Tuesday, January 17, 2006

so talking does help

just one more "technique" for the what-do-I-do-when-I'm stuck-with-a-story list

TALK to someone about it - preferably another writer

Yest Sud helped me sort out a particularly hokey plot I was stuck with into a still hokey plot I can see some possibilities for
Like he says - doesn't work every time, but enough times to be useful

And my second technique if #1 doesn't work:
Well then you're probably just being lazy - so get the fuck on with it, even if it hurts.

The muse isn't a woman scholarly or beautiful, she's a nagging bitch who won't let you be till you're done and without whom you're forlorn.

And yeah Sud, I'm sorry I dragged you into the post too(see if you actually read my blog more often you could tell me to stop)

1 Comments:

Blogger Beentherella said...

nope you were actually quite mild on the critique ...:P
and why are "you" the one introducing all ghordopics- here's my initiation...drumroll-

Lowlifes/menials/ non-entities-a**holes...im assuming you can tell im pissed at people and need to vent, am sure u understand.

crasshole- an asshole lacking the ingenuity to even be articulate in his attempts.

orbitch- Horrid hag, woman who lacks ingenuity to come up with new targets and keeps screwing over the same one.

perverk- cross between an ontological pervert and an incurable jerk- not that its much of a leap, i grant u.

masturd- a yet unheard of anomaly- the first jerk-child to be born without a mother- just to see how Arnie/Junior syndrome will come into play to answer the prayers of pregnant women all over the globe.

11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home